Some Words About Me
My Artistic path
By means of colour I found the freedom and the strength to be myself.
Through the colour I send a message to every person that wants back his life
A world of signs, shapes to combine, unify, warp, simplify, disintegrate and merge again in a new infinite composition of figures more or less abstract, which remember us something known and unknown at the same time… observing this set of creatures, our brain is pushed to bring them back to the real world relentlessly, tapping into our innermost memories to give a meaning and a reassuring name to a form that does not have a meaning or can have only when we wish to.
It was a long-standing research. During that period, I had to walk a difficult path, achieving a detachment from the real and academic image, shape, nature, in order to enter in a far more exciting and endless world. A world filled with an alphabet of signs and beings that showed up to me in a tiptoe. Symbols which never abandoned me since their first discovery, forms stored long ago in my mind after looking at who, before me, had already ventured down this road. Simple and primitive art of ancient cultures have conducted my art into a world of signs and symbols that populate the reality of every day.
My journey began “observing” and at the same time “building” that Monster or that Being that was inspired by the unreal characters of Street Art world, ideograms, Mayan symbolism, African Art with its masks full of enigmatic and puzzling expressions. I have also been drawn by barbaric and Romanesque sculpture, their bestiaries, and by the capitals interwoven with fantastic and deformed characters.
Many artists inspired me and come with me on my journey to this fantastic world. They are tied to my new artistic world. The first among them is Joan Mirò, a painter who worked so much before arriving to his fantastic and unreal style. Paul Klee, whom undeniable sign looks like children's drawings. Pablo Picasso, with its figures deformed by a revolutionary cubist style. Jackson Pollock, who with his “dripping” challenged the art world of the late '40s. Jean-Michel Basquiat, American painter and writer who was successful in the ‘80s with his graffiti populated by assertive and monstrous characters and by messages of social protest. Keith Haring, another painter and writer from New York, whose simple drawings entered as undisputed icons into the Art world... And still many others who, with their tendency to go against the tide, chose to represent not an objective but a subjective reality, taking inspiration from their inner self and representing it as they felt it, through the infinite universe of signs.
- “Mostrando”: from December 8th to December 24th 2013 - Turin – MILLEVOLTI Bookshop
- “Corpi involontari in anime dense”: from 2 to 11 April 2009 - Turin – Confraternita degli Artisti Gallery
- “Café Paris”: April 2008 - Turin - Café Paris
- “Il Colore Gridato”: from December 8th to December 31st 2007 - Turin - MILLEVOLTI Bookshop
- “Arte e Moda”: from 19th to 30th October 2006 - Turin – Biko's (Clothing store)
- “Collettiva La Morra”: from 1st to 31st January 2010 - La Morra (CN) - Municipal Wine Cellar of La Morra
- “Fun... Aperiparty”: February 12, 2009 - Turin – Spazio, at Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo
- “Rassegna Diritti-Integrati”: 21 and 22 of June 2009 - Turin - Onda Urbana Onlus Association
- “167 Exhibition of Figurative Arts”: April 2009 - Turin - Società Promotrice delle Belle Arti
- “Internazionale Italia Arte 2009”: from 25th March to 6th April 2009 - Turin - Villa Gualino
- “166 Exhibition of Figurative Arts”: from March 28th to April 27th 2008 – Turin – Società Promotrice delle Belle Arti
- “Les Couleurs de l'Italie”: from 1 to 15 of September 2007 – Paris – Galerie d'Art Espace Arsinoé
- “EAT - Nutrirsi d'Arte”: from 20th of March to 1st of April 2007 – Turin – Italian Art in the World-Onlus Association
- “Artinfiore”: September 24, 2006 – Villastellone (TO) – Art competition dedicated to the painter Aldo Assom
- “Terre Calde”: from 1st to 8th August 2006 – S. Margherita Ligure (GE) – Il Sorpasso Art Gallery
- In 2009 Ysbel collaborated with the Art Magazine KultArt Magazine, reviewing artistic places for the "Places of Art - Safeguarding of Peoples and Languages" column.
- In 2010 Ysbel collaborated with the portal Mondimedievali.net, with numerous articles on the Romanesque monuments of Piedmont.
Some Interesting “Facts”
"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary..."
Number of exhibitions
My Future Works...
Drafts, new ideas, combination of colors and techniquesMy Portfolio